Monday, May 24, 2010

downtown adventure...













Dean and I had so much fun this last weekend. We went downtown with the Leavitt family and went to the Sears Tower (which is now called the Willis Tower) We rode the elevator up to the 103rd floor. Which if you know me you know I am terrified of elevators.. I am just really claustrophobic. But it wasn't that bad. All though we were packed in there like sardines. But the boys had a brilliant idea to stand BIG so they took up a lot of space! haha I was closest to the door and got out as fast as I could! ok, that makes me sound horrible. But it was fine! It was SO cool looking out over the city and seeing the big tall buildings! They have this thing up there that is a glass floor and a glass wall that you can walk out onto. It's called the skydeck. It was SO FREAKY. It took me a while to take a step onto the glass. So I had to turn around backwards and step onto it. It was soo crazy. Dean told me to look down and I was terrified. HAHAH there was the city right below me. But then I got used to it and was able to take a few pictures! It was actually really neat!!! Then after that we went down to Dean's work site at Navy Pier and rode Dean's bosses boat up the Chicago river. It was soo awesome to ride in between all the huge tall buildings. What a fun experience. We are enjoying our time out here in Chicago and are so grateful for our friends.

3 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

What a life! Good for you. Can't wait til we can come visit and see all the sites this summer. A hot dog stand, and a p[izza place, for sure needs to be on the agenda. 3 more days of school...then freedom!

Skyler and Bailey said...

That looks like so much fun! That city is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So jealous - looks like you guys are having fun!
Looks like a beautiful place to be!!