Sunday, September 18, 2011

30 Weeks and goodbye Samoa..

I have soooo many emotions going through my mind right now. I am getting SO excited, anxious, scared, nervous...excited.. did I mention SCARED.. haha I am so nervous for the labor part. I have no idea what to expect, or how it will go. It has always been something I've been scared about. I hope it goes flawless, and painless.. HAHA RIGHT!! I've been debating whether or not to get an epidural. I'm not against getting one at all.. But, I just hear there are pros and cons to both. I've always just said I will decide in the moment. 
This past week I must say, as hard as it is to admit.. I have been SO moody.. I feel like I haven't been moody at all during my pregnancy until this past week. I am just irritable, cranky, and mean... I know I'm being that way too, and I just can't help it. haha.. I hope it will pass. :) (So does Dean!!) 


This week is an exciting week though.. I am flying HOME.. back to UTAH! I am leaving American Samoa! I am really looking forward to it. It will be nice to get back to the "real world" haha.. I've missed... Wal Mart, Cafe Rio, Pizza/Pasta Factory, brushing my teeth with the faucet water, I've had to use a bottled water every time here, I look forward to not wearing flip flops in the shower or all around my hotel room, I can't wait to cook in a kitchen.. with an oven, stove, and kitchen sink! haha.. there is just so much to look forward to! But, there is a down side.. It's going to be incredibly hard to leave Dean here.. :( They aren't quite done with the job yet.. so he'll be flying home the end of October. Unless something comes up, and Titan wants to get here really early!! haha.. But, I will be kept busy with work and family and preparing for Titan! But, it has been a great experience being here in American Samoa.. one I won't forget! Dean and I are so grateful for this opportunity! A special highlight today was the primary program at church! I wish everyone could experience a primary program in American Samoa. I felt the spirit so strong and the kids are absolutely incredible. They all had their parts memorized which weren't just one liners, they were LONG paragraphs, and when they would sing.. they would SING! Almost kind of scream it.. but, it was beautiful and I loved it! Something I never want to forget! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, you look so great! If I can give you any advice at all...If you're not wanting an epidural I would say make up your mind about that right now and then stick to it;) I knew I wasn't going to have one and just had to keep telling myself I wasn't even when the dr.s and nurses were like well lets just have the anesthesiologist come in to talk to you about your options JUST IN CASE and I said No I don't even want him to because obviously it'd sound good hahah and by the end I really felt like I couldn't do it anymore but you totally can if you want to! Of course every labor is different I'm hoping I can do the same with my next haha. It hurts.pretty.bad. but if you make up your mind and be stubborn about what ya want I believe you could do it;) Just from my own experience I thought I'd share hahah. I'm so excited for you...your almost there wahoo, can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! and excited you get to see your family. Sounds like you had a great time in Samoa!!

Anonymous said...

get the damn epidural

Aubrey said...

I agree with both the comments above. ;) If you aren't strong on what you want then you will get one in the end...so just get one. ;)

I know it sounds weird because labor is painful but I hope that you enjoy it. There's something special about feeling the contractions and knowing that you are going to have a baby and what your body is going through to have it. When I had to have a planned c-section to get my second baby out early, I didn't feel a single contraction and I found that after she was born, I sort of felt jipped. I think when it comes, you will be so overwhelmed with love and anticipation that the pain will be an after thought. Especially once you are holding him (and especially once you get the epidural) ;0) Good luck!

Trask Tribe said...

K So I am not too much of a laugh OUT LOUD kind of person. If its funny, then I am laughing in side most of the time.JENNIFER, I am still Laughing OUT LOUD. And may I add an AMEN!Only cause I did it 5 times natural, and always said, I hope my girls never have to endure this pain. But whatever you want. Your sister did it on the bedroom floor twice :)

Heather Stott said...

hahahaha.... ok, I agree with a lot of the comments, if you are going to decide "in the moment" then every women that has ever had a baby will tell you what your answer will be! but if you feel strongly one way or the other BEFORE HAND then you are more likely going to stick to your plan. thats just funny.... haha... I didn't love my epidurals, I am going to try an alterior motive this time?? UNLESS my labor ends uup being way long, but if it is how it was last time then I will just get a little something to take the edge off in my IV, BUT if my labor is ay long and I am dieing then I'll get one, I am all about the drugs and I totally disagree with how some people thinks it effects the baby so much. BOth my boys were wide eyed after they were born even though the mid eife said that sidney was so alert after she was born becuase she didn't havve any drugs... whatever??! haha... anyway, ALSO, DO NOT be scared, I LOVE LOVE LOVE labor and delivery, it is the most amazing experience on the face of the earth!!! ask anyone! brittany, sarah, me, I would give birth over and over if I wasn't sick for 9 months first!
ALSO< I swear we are the same size and you are 20 weeks ahead of me! haha.. see ya this weekend!!!!

Kade and McCall said...

I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited! and I will be there to catch Dean in case he passes out.... :)