Sunday, November 27, 2011

Labor Story

TITAN ALAN MILLS
BORN: 11-20-11
 AT: 1:18 AM
7 LBS 3 OZ 21"
Dean and I woke up on Saturday morning and drove to the Maverick to get me a donut and hot chocolate. Then we headed up to Dean's parents house so Dean could help his dad put up some walls on a shop that his dad is building in their backyard. Once he was done with that Dean took me on a 4 wheeler ride. We didn't have plans for the day and we were really hoping Titan would come. Then we came back home and Dean and I crashed on our couches and took a nap.. We were just being so lazy... When we woke up we were like what should we do??? hahah... so, we went and ate at Cafe Rio, then went to the mall to walk around.. we were power walking (around the outside of the mall) and Dean was like out of breath trying to keep up with me! Then, I had to go pee.. and when I went I kind of had a lot of blood. I had my membranes stripped the day before and it was normal to "spot" but, this was a lot more than just spotting. So, my friend suggested I call labor and delivery just to see what they said. So, I did.. and they asked if I had been cramping as well.. which I was.. so they told me to come get checked out. But, that idea kind of freaked me out! haha.. But, we went.. we got there around 4:45 pm and they got me all hooked up to the monitors. I was dilated to 3 plus, and they said they'd just monitor me for a minute and then decide if they were going to keep me or not. They came back a half hour later and I was about a 4 plus and they said they'd keep me. AHHH!!! That meant this was IT!! And I was so nervous. They switched me to another room, and everything happened so fast. My doctor came in and broke my water. Then the contractions REALLY started to hurt. They were every 2 min for a good hour, and that's when I decided to get my epidural. Once I made the decision to get it, I was like can he please be here before my next contraction?! haha! But, once I got my epidural I could still feel the contractions on my left side. So they had to call the anesthesiologist back and I think they injected some more into me! haha.. my legs were like tree trunks. I couldn't feel them at all. Then, they checked me again and I was at a 6 and that was about midnight. Then about a half hour later they checked me again and said they'd be back in 10 minutes and I'd start pushing!! The 2 nurses came in, Dean held one leg, and one of the nurses held the other and I started to push. First contraction came and I pushed 3 times, Second contraction came and I pushed 3 times. Then the third contraction came and I pushed once and they were like OK STOP!! GO GET DR CHALMERS! Titan was RIGHT  there and was ready to come out! They were laughing and I started to laugh.. and they were like DONT LAUGH! Because Titan was going to just come out before Chalmers got there. Luckily my doctor was on call so he was already there.He came right in, and I pushed once and out came my son. I can't even describe that moment. It was incredible. I was crying of course.. He was perfect! He looked just how I imaged he would. He had lots of dark hair, big full lips and a wrinkly forehead when he cried. Dean was mostly in shock and just so happy! We still feel like we're dreaming! We feel so blessed to have such a sweet spirit in our home. And, I feel so blessedto have had such an easy pregnancy AND labor. I only had to push for 10 minutes!! And it didnt even hurt! Not at all what I was expecting! I just hope Titan can figure out the whole sleeping thing. He has his days and nights mixed up and I'm a little bit delirious going off no sleep! But he is perfect, and I am so in love with him. And I love seeing Dean with him.. We love him..





Heading home

4 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

You seriously need to have at least 10 children. So glad you didn't inherit my pregnacy genes.
Welcome to the momma club.

Kade and McCall said...

I love the pictures!!!!!!!!!! So cute!!!!

Skyler and Bailey said...

So Precious! I love the pictures. You look AMAZING! So glad to hear everything went great. Titan is such a cutie.

Davey Family said...

its not fair you had such an easy pregnancy and delivery!! you have no idea what its like to throw up all 9 months AND on the delivery table AND to have to push for over 3 hours AND then to brake your tail bone!!!